What to expect during a treatment
- you will stay fully clothed during a treatment, but for your comfort it is suggested that you remove your shoes, watch and any metal jewellery
- the aim is to relax and enjoy the treatment, for some this means talking and asking questions, for others it means remaining quiet, it is entirely up to you
- it is helpful to bring your focus of awareness to the present moment by allowing your mind to release thoughts and fears you may be holding
- your practitioner will use different hand positions to work with the energy centres, or chakras, in your body; or may work on areas of specific pain or tension
- when working on these energy centres your practitioner may either use light touch, or may hover their hands in the space over your body
- you will be made comfortable with pillows and blankets either on a couch, a zero gravity chair, or an upright chair, according to your needs and mobility
- soft, relaxing music may be used
- you may experience a shift in consciousness which can be an important part of the healing process
- client confidentiality is always respected
After the treatment
- your aura is swept
- you may feel energised, relaxed or peaceful
- it is recommended that you drink plenty of water (around 8 glasses), for a minimum of 3 days; this helps flush out toxins released during the treatment, and keeps you hydrated aiding your bodily functions
- you may feel different after each treatment as the flow of Reiki meets your individual needs for that day to bring about balance
Treatments for children
- a parent/guardian’s signed consent is required
- children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult
- young children are held or sit on their parent’s lap, and both parent and child are treated together
My treatment room is in Faversham, Kent. Treatments cost £40 for an hour, other timings are available on a pro rata basis.
To make an appointment please get in touch.
To find out more about Reiki and how it works please see the welcome page.